TALKS and PRESENTATIONS
Gemma has presented hundreds of talks, workshops and trainings around the globe. She is an international speaker offering her insights on social entrepreneurship, international sustainable development, women's leadership, movement building, designing innovation as well as following one's dreams and taking risks.
TEDxGramercy: How To Accidentally Change the World
TEDxBayAreaWomen: It Takes A Single Drop of Water To Start A Wave
TEDxMillRiver: How to Build A Million Voice Choir
USAID Historic Water and Sanitation Strategy Launch, US Senate
(Gemma is featured at 7:00min)
World Economic Forum, Tianjin, China
IdeasLab: Affordable Water Management
Tech Award for Equality to A Single Drop for Safe Water
Inspiration Safari Interview
list of speaking events
Gemma speaks and offers workshops on a variety of topics including social innovation, imposter syndrome, finding your purpose, forgiveness, harnessing opportunities, design-thinking, sustainable start-ups, movement building, improv, etc.
An abbreviated list of engagements is included below. Full list provided upon request.
Social Entrepreneurship and Innovations in the Water Sector
Gemma offers her insights and experiences building an award-winning social entrepreneurial model bringing clean water and sanitation to communities in Asia and Africa.
- World Economic Forum (China)
- TEDxGramercy, NYC
- US Congress with USAID
- Clinton Global Initiative University
- Wharton School of Business (University of Pennsylvania)
- Cornell Institute for Public Affairs (Cornell University)
- World Islamic Economic Forum (Malaysia)
- Net Impact Conference (Ithaca, New York)
- University of San Tomas (Philippines)
Water and Music: A Pathway to Peace and Global Harmony
Gemma tells the story of how she evolved from an aspiring musician and preschool teacher to becoming a global humanitarian raising awareness of the global water crisis and what she did to address it.
- City Montessori School (India – 27,000 students)
- Buddhist Women’s Conference (South Korea)
- Dehaitia Refugee Camp (West Bank, Palestinian Territories)
- Nazareth Youth Summer Camp (Israel)
- Parliament of the World Religions (Spain)
- International Conference on Conflict Resolution (Russia)
- 11 Days of Global Unity (NYC)
After traveling to 55 countries over 10 years launching 3 social impact organizations in 3 continents, Gemma finally settled down and was invited to teach at Stanford University as a Social Entrepreneur Fellow. She helped launch a experiential-learning course in social entrepreneurship and student internship program. In 2016, she was recruited, and currently works as the Director of Social Innovation and Impact at Claremont McKenna College teaching students to become social innovators and entrepreneurs who design solutions to solve some of the world’s most pressing problems. In 2018, she was tapped by City College of New York to launch a faculty-led program and network to design innovative courses for social change.